26 November 2020

Tyres

Maybe getting a little ahead of myself but with the engine almost ready to go back in the frame and the carbs done a few weeks ago, we need to be thinking about tyres.

The wheels have been cleaned, chromed and fitted with new stainless spokes.  So now we need tyres, inner tubes and rim tape.

I had looked at either Bridgestone BT45 or the Metzeler equivalent.  

In the past I had Continental tyres fitted and they didn't inspire any confidence when the road was a little wet.  They are supposed to be great all rounders but I found them a little prone to follow cracks in the road and any over banding proved slippery when wet.

Phil suggested BT46 as the BT45 has been replaced for the 2020 riding season.  I had a look to see if anyone had them in stock still, as it might have saved me a few bob. In the end  I couldn't get both front and rear.  Oddly, the BT45 rear was more expensive than the newer variant.

So we have opted for the BT46 pairing. Phil ordered them and I have paid for them.  


Bridgestone Battlax BT46

https://www.bridgestone.com/corporate/news/2020012803.html


No comments: