19 November 2020

International Men's Day

I know. I bet you didn't have a clue it was happening today did you? I didn't until I saw it was publicised on Twitter.


And why would you? It's not that important. Who cares anything about men's health problems? The number of men that commit suicide every year? No one gives a fuck.  Right?

Except some of us do. https://ukmensday.org.uk/

I forgot about it as this year I decided not to do Movember.  I already have a beard and a mustache and decided that rather than shave them off I'd look for some random (non celebrity) guy or team and donate to his fund raising. 

I have done Movember since 2012 with a year off for Decembeard and have raised a few £'s for the charity.  This time my money goes elsewhere.

So https://uk.movember.com/donate/details?teamId=2385488 got my money for 2020.

Raising awareness of men's health and mental health is the responsibility of all men. Not just those guys that have fallen foul of cancer or have become suicidal, but ALL men.  

FFS pay attention and think about it.

No comments: