30 July 2020

Out in the air!

I had to rearrange some of the garage to get the Kettle out. The Rocket was first to move out.

Problem number one was that for some reason the bike was in gear. Stuck in gear to be precise. Which one without any battery to light up the gear indicator I had no idea.

Finding neutral took nearly an hour. Rocking it backwards and forwards.

With the clutch in I was able to drag it out into the sunlight and back onto the mainstand. 

With the clutch out it was hard to see if the engine would turn over. I couldn't tug it out hard enough in gear to push the engine over. 

I still have the plugs out to reduce compression. 

A few pix were taken before I went back in to hunt through the packing cases of bits.

I was looking for the wheel and the old barrel /pistons.

Sadly the wheel is a rear one and not the front I had hoped. So it looks like a front wheel rebuild is on the list.

I found a spare centre downpipe and a brand new rad hose still in its wrapping. Both went in the box of bits to take with me. 

The barrel might be useful. 

Rusty spokes
Manky from leaking brake fluid
Missing throttle grip
New switchgear
Oily rear wheel
Brown clocks 75594.2 miles
Original barrel and pistons

The chrome in places looks pitted and some bits will need to be either rechromed or replaced.  I even thought treasonous thoughts about powder coating. 

I have a week before take it to Phil so I can get busy with the solvol and toothbrushes. 

No comments: