25 June 2020

Cyclist?

Alright, it's not my helmet.  

Claire had her bicycle serviced on Friday and plans to cycle more often.  We haven't done much cycling for a long time, in fact since we had Reggie in November 2014!

Rather than go to a multi-site place, we went to our local shop in Hythe. These guys need the business. Shop local. http://www.hythecycles.co.uk/

Both our bikes were in the back of the garage.  As the tyres were flat they needed new inner tubes and a good oiling and sorting out.  She preferred to get it done professionally rather than trust me.  I don't blame her.  Finding a spanner to take the front wheel off meant hunting about. Who has 15mm spanners? She also needed brake blocks for the front wheel.

She decided she needed a helmet and we searched locally and then fell back on Amazon Prime.  The Fischer helmet in a blue to natch the bike (it doesn't really!) arrived today and I adjusted it to fit her properly.  

What she does need now is a decent lock to make sure it, and her bike don't become a theft statistic?  Amazon again?

My bike goes in on Saturday 27th for the same job.  

Trying the Fischer for size...

Update 27th June 2020

After turning all the garage and toolboxes out I finally found a cycle spanner that has the right size opening to loosen the front wheel nuts.  Much easier to get in the car with the wheel off.

Cycle-Fix did the same as they did with Claire's bike but mine need brakes at both ends and also a replacement gear change cable as mine was frayed!

My first ride back was 14 minutes for the 2.6 miles.  And boy, did the muscles I don't use tell me that I need to do it more often.

So do I buy a helmet of my own or make do with a baseball cap?

No comments: