14 May 2020

Bike Shed Volunteers

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and thought it looked like a good idea. One way of keeping the bike running and also doing good works for the community.

I did the first part of the application on my laptop and the rest is on the app.  Unfortunately, my Honor 9 phone seems incapable of leaving a window open whilst you go and get some information from another source.

I got as far as the uploading of licence and insurance details and it kept effing up.  I gave up. When I went back to the application app pane it went back to the start.  It would be easier if everything could be done on a computer/laptop and then sign into the app to get the jobs they might send.

I don't know how many volunteers there are outside London but I might have been a rarity in East Kent.

In the end I had to reply to an email to say that as I was working I was unable to continue with my application and to remove me from their system.

Sad, but I hope that they get all the people they need and that it all works out.

If you are in England then go to the website and sign up - https://thebikeshed.cc/bikeshedvolunteers/

No comments: