20 November 2019

New Kevlar Jeans - 2

Maybe it's me.

As I wasn't intending to wear these until the spring I wasn't in a hurry to try them on. Confident that 44L would be perfect. 

As I also said in the original post "Christmas is Coming" complete with Sean Bean GoT meme, so they needed to be wrapped, put away and to go under the tree for that Christmas Day surprise. 

Good job.  Although usually a 42" waist, I bought these a size up at 44. 

Nearly everything I buy comes up smaller round the arse and so I tend to get a size up.

As I stuck a leg through the left leg hole, I thought they were a little snug. 

BTW, They came with pockets for knee and hip armour but no armour.

With right leg through it was plain to see that these are not 44". The gap between both halves of the waist was somewhere around 6 inches!!!


The "rise" (crotch to waist) was made for a more slender bloke, although the L would be perfect when sitting on the bike. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that the 44 isn't inches but the European size. 

Damn and bugger. 

Good job I tried them now! 

I have emailed the shop and will check the website tomorrow for a returns label. 



No comments: