28 July 2019

JS Day - over

The day was a success. We had told John as little as he needed to know. 

John and his Suzuki

As I said before he was expecting just me and Neill, that was my subterfuge. Neill was never going.

Then Tony Taylor said he'd drive and collect John, but we kept the rest quiet.

In the end there were seven of us "Old SOC" members. With more joining the FB group we can do better next time.

I didn't get chance to chat about my GT with John and so I need to get cracking on my jobs. And then get back to him.

In the end the turnout was: me, Tony Taylor, Mark Powell, Phil Hingert, Dave & Ronnie Hebblethwaite, and of course, John Storrie.

Tony took a group photo so sadly not in it!


LtoR: Mark, Dave, Ronnie, John, Paul & Phil


As above. Tony replaces Phil.

The museum is well worth a visit. As a senior citizen I got in for £12.50. The museum covers the entire history of the British Motor industry. Plus a couple of old bikes. 

Some sections cover the land speed attempts by MG and racing cars that saw Jackie Stewart as world F1 champion.

Of course. Where it is, there are Jaguars.

This link takes you to my Flickr album. With some interesting cars.

TomTom stats.


So where to next time?

No comments: