27 July 2019

JS Day - British Motor Museum

The plan was to ride up to Oxfordshire to visit John Storrie, my old buddy from the Suzuki Owners Club. 

We first met about 1980 at a SOC event and after I bought my GT in 1984 we came closer. 

Plus. Although written out of history, John and me along with Dave Greenhalgh and Graham Walker saved the SOC, in 1983,  from going tits up. At an EGM to wind up the club we stood up. John took over as Membership Secretary and me as Editor.

The plan was to ride up to the motor museum near Warwick and meet John. It was kept a secret from him at first and I tried to get other Old SOCers along as a surprise.

Both plans defeated by the weather and people emigrating or sick!

After record breaking temps the weather turned wet. Very wet. Thunderstorms. Lightning. Floods!

So instead of three hours each way on the bike, I will take the car.

Why International? We had hoped that other old buddy David Gearhart may have been over from the US and able to pop in for a few hours.

So tomorrow it is!

No comments: