12 July 2019

Amazon Fire 7

So my on and off love hate relationship with the Fire 7 continues.

I bought it as a Christmas present to myself to replace my ancient Kindle that had decided enough was enough and it refused to charge and when it did, it would no longer connect to the internet to download new books.

Generally the Fire has been okay. But. It has a major fault that despite contacting Amazon for assistance is still happening. Not all the time, but enough to be very annoying.

I can download a book from my library. I can read it. The next time I want to carry on reading it shows in the folder, but errors saying I don't have the right to read it. I have to delete and re-download. Annoying at home with WiFi but not good sitting on a train to work!

The other problem is that the book simply disappears from the downloaded folder and we go through above again.

Oddly, re-downloaded books 99% of the time remember where I was when last read!

After three occasions this month already I am back to the Nexus 7!!!

Maybe Amazon will come up with a solution?

No comments: