10 June 2019

TomTom Upgrade

Yes, it is that time of the year again when the map updates come out. I had the email from them and connected the TomTom and it started the download of the Europe maps. I un-ticked the US maps as I am unlikely to need the maps for a year or more.

The download bit got to the end and then it said "checking" it did this for over an hour and so I aborted it as it was late and I needed to go to bed.  I have had this before!

So this morning I logged the laptop in and connected the unit via USB.  That was about 90 minutes ago.  It immediately came up "Updating - Do not disconnect your device" on the TomTom and the TomTom banner is on the laptop but no exe running.



I get some breakfast and a cup of coffee and nearly two hours later, TomTom My Drive still not running on the laptop, the unit says that the update has finished.

Am I the only user that has this problem?

Update 17:10

I decided to give it another go and kicked off My Drive Connect and t worked okay. Logged in and it gave me two updates, the people's changes plus the US Maps.  Kicked both off. Seamlessly worked. It must be something to do with their servers at TomTom being slow? Maybe everyone got the email and are all doing the upgrade at once?


No comments: