31 May 2019

Insurance

Almost time to do the Meerkat Shuffle and check potential premiums for the next year.

I don't just do "Compare the Market" aka Meerkats but also "MCN Compare".  With a start date of 27/6 I've not had long to get any premiums to check. They only quote 30 days in advance of renewal.
Currently I am insured with Just Motorcycle Insurance, their address is the same as Carole Nash in Altrincham.


I've not a renewal through yet but on the comparison sites JMI has disappeared from both.  Instead Carole Nash Select has turned up. Same deal as JMI? 


I was with Carole Nash for many years and their policies come with included breakdown cover whereas the Select doesn't.


But Select is basically very cheap with plenty of add-ons like the breakdown cover. With a car and Claire having a car we already have cover for them too.


I emailed JMI and mentioned that they had gone off the comparison sites to see what they say and what my renewal is going to be!



Compare the Market
Last year I paid about £108. Could this be true?


Update June 7th 2019


After an exchange of emails and Messenger interactions I managed to get JMI not to auto-renew my policy.


I decided not to wait for the new MasterCard month and bought the Select policy above.  All done in ten minutes and the paperwork printed. Now need to wait until the end of the current policy for my NCB confirmation to arrive.

No comments: