25 April 2019

Bowel Cancer Awareness Month - April 2019


I hardly expect anyone that reads the “On the Road” blog to actually donate any money to the charitable pages that I share but at least it is out there.

Although I have never (touch wood) ever suffered from any form of cancer I like to “do my bit” in raising funds for research into cancer, wherever it might occur.  I usually target mens’ research,  as despite the thousands of guys that are diagnosed with testicular and prostate cancer every year, funding and awareness staggers way behind women’s cancer awareness. 

Ever seen Movember or Decembeard on mainstream TV?  But “Race for Life” is on every year on TV and radio. 

  • Maybe the problem is that their organisers are more “in” with the broadcasters?
  • Maybe women are more vociferous about these things?
  • Maybe it’s men’s reluctance to publicise cancer and other life threatening ailments?
But this time.  I am looking to Bowel Cancer.  This can affect anyone, male or female.

As we are approaching the end of Bowel Cancer Awareness Month tomorrow sees Football Shirt Friday. 

For a fiver, people can wear their favourite club shirt to work and take part. Even if you don’t have a favourite club or even a football shirt, then you can still donate…..


The main info page is here.

And a reminder of that donation page

I have a fundraising page setup and have seeded it with the first £5 - https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/schools-ict


No comments: