19 February 2019

More Archive Pix

Some photos from the past. All of them taken in the 1990's at Czech SOC "Invader Rally" events.

The first is my DR800SL in May 1992. I had been made redundant in December 1991 but to get our payoffs we had to stay until then. I trained to Teach English as a Foreign Language to Adults (CTEFLA) and was looking for jobs. The Czech Republic was a good choice. 

I went to the Invader Rally in Chudčice near Brno. Taking the overnight ferry from Felixstowe to Zeebrugge I rode non-stop on rhe A4 route via Dresden and Prague. When I say nonstop that included petrol stops. When I got to Pod Horkou I could barely get off the bike. 


All the photos are taken from the galleries of the Czech Centre SOC.

We move forward to 1998. A group of us went together. I was on a relatively new to me GSXR750. 

I hadn't had it long and had traded my 90000 mile Yamaha XJ900F for it. I had been working at SIMS in Bedford and wanted something newer. By May 1998 I had moved to my current employment in Islington. The ride into London was a strain on my wrists. 

The bike was superb on the open road, but in town it was simply the wrong bike for commuting.


Not long after I got back it went in part exchange for the TDM850.

No comments: