20 December 2018

Me & The Kat


Got this photo today from John Storrie, I have known John since the early 1980's and he was affectionately knows as "Old King Kettle" for his love and support for the Suzuki GT750.  If only he was still active now so mine could have a holiday in Oxfordshire.

Taken at the Cross Keys in Pulloxhill in Bedfordshire. The pub used to be run by the Suzuki Owners Club Hon. President,Peter Mead. During the year we had camping weekends there and the Club's AGM.

I guess this picture might have been 1984 or 1985 when I had the Katana 1000SZ - B891 JPG.

I suppose it might have been the AGM as well as it was traditionally held in late September. 

This would have been a few years before we moved to live nearby in Flitwick and so I guess I had ridden up from Kent as that's where I was living until 1985.

I was Editor of the SOC club magazine "Hustler" at the time. I did the job for seven years and passed it onto Ken Fulton.

The old days.

No comments: