22 October 2018

BSB Assen 2019

The dates have been confirmed for the entire BSB (British SuperBikes) season for 2019 and the Assen round in on the 20th-22nd September, a week earlier than in 2018. This is to fit in another round at Donington Park before the final at Brands Hatch

I had a look at hotels and the one we stayed in this year (see https://devalltravel.blogspot.com/search?q=NL18+-+Assen) wasn't on booking.com but one a mile or so down the road was. So I have booked three nights at the Wapen van Vries hotel.

For Claire and me it will be some €60 cheaper but a single room for Neill will be about the same as this year.

I'm posting this on this blog (this early) as I am hoping that after Claire's successful total hip replacement last week (October 13th) that she will be fully fighting fit to go on the bike. I expect that bike to be Pepe!

I am also considering a different route.  Instead of the tunnel I might see about the longer ferry from Harwich to the Hook of Holland.  It depends on prices and of course timings. 

Currently £150 or so for the bike and two people on the Stena route from Harwich. That is an overnight crossing with a cabin.  So a bit of a cruise as well! It's many years since I did an overnight crossing to Holland. In fact it may have been as long ago as the mid-80's with Olau Line.

I have done a few later in the 80's and early 90's from Felixstowe to Zeebrugge.  As I worked at Harlow in Essex it was quicker to go after work to Harwich or Felixstowe as they are relatively nearby.

Plenty of time to think about it.

No comments: