13 September 2018

The problem with ageing!

This weekend I have a day trip planned across to Belgium to visit one of the 1914-1918 WW1 monuments at Palingbeek. It is in great danger as I have a bad shoulder.

Okay, a bad shoulder might be underselling it.  I have a lot of pain in my left upper arm around the shoulder. At first I thought it was frozen shoulder but the physio says not, but it's really an age related problem.  

As a consequence of working at a desk with a computer for company for many many years I have become round shouldered, this in turn means that at certain arm positions the muscle is being trapped by the bones in the shoulder.  Pinched enough to cause pain, and sometimes severe pain. 

I have a set of exercises to do to try and strengthen the muscles to pull my shoulders back to relieve this pressure.

On the bright side, It usually happens at about 45 degrees from my arm straight down and the bars on the Rocket are about 90 degrees.

What with being deaf in one ear and a cardiac recovery patient, life is a bowl of cherries.

No comments: