1 September 2018

Specsavers

The last time I had an eye-test was two years ago and it was at Tesco in Ashford. I went mad and bought a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses with prescription lenses and a pair of Oakley clear classes.  Cost a fortune but two years later they are fine and maybe even still "fashionable".

I don't think that Ray-Ban Wayfarers have even been unfashionable!

Ray-Ban Wayfarer RB5814

Oakley OX8026 Currency

So today I went to Specsavers in Folkestone for my bi-annual check-up.  As expected I need reading glasses.  Reading the screen at work has become a little more difficult without added blinking and concentrating.  I have had to up the font size on my Kindle too!

Claire chose a nice pair for me in the £69 range.  They will be delivered next Saturday. Watch this space.  At least I'll be able to see it more clearly....

What was less comforting was when I did all the tests for distance and mentioned to the optician that I was having a problem with not perfect vision in my right eye even with glasses on, that I seem to have a problem.

Although my prescription hasn't changed it looks as though the problem is that I have the early stages of a cataract!  Bugger.

No comments: