4 September 2018

Palingbeek Drie - Plugstreet

Have added another stop to my tour* around the southern battlefield area - Plugstreet**

With their usual inability to pronounce the "foreign" place names, Ploegsteert became Plugstreet to the Tommies sent to this sector. 

After I let TomTom work out the route from the Island of Ireland Peace Park*** it actually takes me right past Plugstreet. I have added it as a waypoint anyway but from the pictures, I doubt I would miss it.




* My Tour as it looks pretty much like I'll be on my todd again.

** Plugstreet - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ploegsteert_Memorial_to_the_Missing

At least I should score another 50/50 Challenge!  The round trip is about 240 miles.  I'll need to make sure the tank is filled to the brim with what might turn put to be cheaper UK petrol.

No comments: