17 September 2018

Flat tyre

Always when you are in a hurry.  At least the Insignia comes with a tiny spare wheel with its narrow little tyre attached.

But not what you want at 0720 in the morning when you are heading to the station on a Monday morning.

I changed it in slightly longer than it takes an F1 team to change all four wheels on a race car and was off. Only missing my usual train by two minutes.

With work all week I am driving all the rest of the week on this squeaky very shiny piece of plastic rubber.

Hopefully I can get it fixed on Saturday if I leave it at the tyre shop all day.....  The tyre is only a few months old and the nail has gone into the tread not the side wall..... and at £125 I hope they can fix rather than replace!!


Update.

Have physio on my shoulder this afternoon, pain and stiffness not aided by the wheel removal either!!! So I will try and drop the wheel into the tyre shop near the station this afternoon and if they can do it whilst I wait all well and good but I might have to leave it and collect on Saturday.

The guy there reckoned about 45 mins on the phone.

No comments: