27 August 2018

Light Railway or Car?

Today is the "Day of Syn" in Dymchurch. I dropped Claire off at 0930 for her shift as volunteer for Guide Dogs UK.  Her spell on the stand is finishing at 1200 and before the parade from the slipway gets to the recreation ground and so traffic might get a bit heavy later.

So I thought of the train as an alternative. The Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway runs at the end of our garden and Hythe station is a longish walk from home. As an over-60 I get a concession fare and Reggie will travel free. It will be £9 return.

However, Reggie doesn't like the train when it passes our back fence. So I decided that it wasn't worth the gamble that he would get angry and bark all the way! It's twenty minutes each way,

So. We drove. The car park at Dymchurch by the Martello was almost empty. The walk to the recreation ground wasn't that far and we were soon on the Guide Dogs stand.

When Claire's shift was over we set off for a look at other stands and then off home. The plan to go into Hythe where the food festival would be in full swing, but the traffic was so heavy we aborted and went home for a coffee instead.

Although I took the old Nikon D50 with me, the only photo I got was of the BoBo diesel engine, named JB Snell, coming across the road crossing just before Dymchurch station as it comes from New Romney. For a very old camera (!) the picture looks pretty crisp to me.

Okay, I took three and this the one that shows it nearest.


Okay. These are the two earlier shots:







posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: