21 August 2018

Migraines - And still they come!

And they do indeed.

I had a small one on the cruise a fortnight ago and a coupleof pink "migraleve" sorted that out but after Migraine Awareness Month (http://invictamoto.blogspot.com/2018/06/migraine-awareness-month.html) wI am still no further forward in understanding why I am getting them.  

It's not as though they are coming on a regular basis.  There's no pattern at all, or so it seems.

I woke up yesterday to another strong one that actually woke me before the alarm went off (set for 6.45am). I had a couple of pinks and that was it for a while.  The tablets do say that they can make you drowsy, and I find that whatever the effect they have and whatever my brain is going though makes it much worse.

I slept like a log until 11am and then felt tired and hungry all day!  A bowl of Frosties seemed to quell that for a while.

Today I tried to get a doctor's appointment.  The plan is to phone dead on 8.30am and then keep redialling until you get past the engaged bit and then get in a queue.  After 23 minutes constantly redialling I was into a queue with seven in front. Another 8 minutes and I was through.... But.  No GP appointments left today all day. That includes the much vaunted late appointments until 8pm!

"Try again tomorrow".

Now you can see why A&E at the hospitals are full of people that ought to see a GP.  Because they can get into A&E and sit and wait to be seen. It might take hours but some time today you'll see a doctor.

I gave up a few weeks ago after several days of  "no GP appointments today"... How the f*ck do you get onto the queue earlier?  Do the people in front have a different phone system that allows them to connect in that 23 minutes that I am redialling after getting the engaged tone?

One pearl of wisdom that the lady let slip was to get to the surgery on foot (in person) before 8.30am and see if that works any better.  Looks like another waiting session tomorrow.....

No comments: