17 July 2018

"No Limit" - George Formby


I first saw this film on my first ever visit to the Isle of Man in 1979. It was showing to packed houses at the Villa Marina all week. 

Amazing for a comedy film made in 1935 starring one of music halls most famous acts - George Formby.

Famous for some very risqué songs accompanied by a ukulele. Never crude. Never uttered a foul word. Just open to interpretation by the viewer/listener. He did play gormless George in most of his movies.

Now that we have the DVD player working through the digital TV we ought to be able to watch.

Failing that. We can watch on the laptop. In fact I'll take it to work tomorrow to see if it will play on my work (read junk) Lenovo.

I bought this copy as it was specially remastered for the Centenary TT in 2007 when Claire and I last went over for the TT.

Update: 19th July 2018

Watched a few scenes on my work laptop during my lunch break.  It has been digitally remastered and it does look very good. Obviously it's in black and white but still looks really good.

No comments: