18 June 2018

Another 5E today

I had the day off leave today to take Claire to the hospital as she is on the waiting list for a total hip replacement operation. That appointment was at 1215 and we had to get up there in enough time for the traffic etc.  

Before that I had to take the car to a body shop to get an estimate on all the damage to the front and rear left corners. None of it my fault.  All three "damages" were done by what I can only call "arseholes" that have run into it and then driven off leaving my car damaged. No note of course. Estimate was £250 for the lot.  Need to see when I can book it in.

Anyway once back from the hospital and lunch Claire went back to work and I was free to either watch the World Cup on TV or get out on the bike. I chose the latter.

I decided to have a run up to Maidstone to J&S to have a look for a new summer jacket.  My Joe Rocket is mostly mesh and I wanted something a little more like Claire's RST with more material and less mesh.  In the end they didn't have anything I liked at a price I wanted to pay.

On the way back I needed a pee and so pulled into Maidstone Services. Pee over I decided to have a coffee at Costa.  I had lost track of time and when I checked my new imitation Chinese fitbit it was 4.40pm.  I quickly messaged Claire and set off home.  The traffic on the M20 was pretty clear and I cruised at the legal limit (cough).

Another 5E under my belt and 56 miles today.

Start mileage



End mileage



No comments: