5 March 2018

Amazon - Missing Goods

I know it was a little impersonal buying stuff for Claire's birthday from Amazon. My standard present is earrings. 

When you do use a company like Amazon, you trust that what you have bought arrives when they say and actually does arrive.

So imagine my horror (Yes I am traumatised - not really) and angered to find that when the delivery made it through the snow and not quite next day or the one after with Amazon Prime, that someone had stolen the earrings!


The packaging was the standard folded over cardboard with two fold-in flaps at each end. Neither of these flaps are secured but are superb for trapping a CD/DVD case or a standard paperback, but not a small jewellery box.  

I was out at the time of delivery and so was Claire, so it was delivered to my next door neighbour who takes in all kinds of stuff for us.  We are very much the cause of local shops going bust.... Guilty as charged.

She noticed that one of the flaps looked flattened down and she could see in that the little box was in there.

When we opened it we found that the little box was there and it was empty.  Sans jewellery! 

Once I had calmed down I logged into my Amazon account and logged a call to say that the package had been tampered with.  As you can't supply any evidence, I located their Facebook page and laid into them with the picture above and one of the packaging.  That was Saturday evening. 

The FB people came back and said to log it as a call from my account. Easily enough done but no dropdown box for Stolen/Theft....

I had already done that and applied for a refund thinking that even though I don't expect lightning to strike twice,  I'd manually check shops.  

This morning I got an email (sent yesterday evening) from them to say that they apologised and they had ordered a new set to be sent.  I have to return the packaging and the empty box. Postage paid.

So.  Angry that someone in the delivery chain between Amazon and my house had stolen the goods, but pleased at their quick response. 

Let's ride the lightning and see what happens.

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Wow, pretty brazen of someone to steal the earrings. Glad they are making things right. Hope the next set arrives whole.

InvictaMoto said...

Amazingly the replacements arrived yesterday at lunchtime and came in a box around 6ins by 6ins by 4ins. Safe and secure.

If they had done this before there would have been no problem.