1 April 2017

Aldi bike gear

Once again Aldi have their bike gear on sale.
 
I'm not in the market for jackets or over trousers so I didn't bother going in on Thursday when it went on sale.
 
For those of you that don't know, Aldi is a German supermarket chain. They have become very international and you may find their stores in most European countries.
 
They started off being cheaper than the UK competition and has gradually moved up and with the economy the way it is, people are looking to cut their shopping bill.
 
Anyway,  as well as food they do household stuff and other goods from time to time. This week they have motorcycle gear. Next week caravan accessories.
 
Claire went in in Friday and bought me a Base Layer shirt. In XL it is a tight fit but apparently it's supposed to be that way.
 
Might give it a try out tomorrow if the weather is kind.
 
 
UPDATE: April 9th 2017
 
 I wore this shirt on the Vimy run as it was very sunny all day and although not billed as windproof I didn't feel any windchill as Red Pepé and I cruised at 70 - 80mph on the A26. On the way back I got slightly chilled after the sun went down on the last bit of the run into Calais at about 2200 local time.
 
I'd rate this shirt 5/5 for performance.

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

That looks like it will keep you warm under your gear.