28 November 2016

New ARMR Haro Trousers

Bike trousers that is.

With the weather turning cold I decided to spend some money on another pair of padded textile trousers. The last pair did okay for a cheap pair, but eventually (and embarrassingly) split around the crotch. I suppose I was trying to pack more in than they were designed for.... 😎

Like an over stuffed sausage, something had to give.

The problem with being rather portly is that the trendy makes think that an XXL waist is 36"!  

Many of these companies, you all know who they are, cater for five foot tall, 100lb soaking wet, Latin Moto3 GP riders in the main. Not that one of them will ever wear a pair of Cordura and lined for all weather trousers.....

So after trawling about on Black Friday, something else we have accepted from our US cousins, I found one of the large online bike shops, Ghostbikes, selling larger sizes.  I entered the discount code and was pleasantly surprised to get a good few pounds off and free delivery.  Next day.  And next day it was.

The reviews are good from customers and all recommend a size or even two above normal jean sizes.  As they are lined I don't wear normal jeans under them, and for the waterproofness I take the liner out in warmer weather anyway and that makes them more comfortable.

First impressions are good. I tried them on on arrival and the leg length seems okay but the liner doesn't seem to fix at the ankle and so when they come off, the liner comes out too.  I'll have to investigate.

Here's a link to the makers own webpage. http://www.armr-moto.com/product/hara-2/ (If you are reading this in the future that link will be dead.....  ;) )

Their first "action" will be the annual trip to Ostend on Saturday for the St Nicks Rally.  In previous years I have been Billy No-Mates/Jean Sans-Amis and last year fellow Meldrew Cal came and we had a good if not cold day out.  At the moment I am on my todd again.


No comments: