25 November 2016

FL17 - Flights and Skyscanner

Of all the comparison sites I have found that the best, for me at any rate, is Skyscanner. Today I had a quick look, always remembering to change my internet cache before searching and was amazed to see that Virgin had a direct flight from London Gatwick (LGW) on my dates, and cheaper (not much!) that my earlier searches.

The times were good and so I thought "I'll have some of that". I clicked on the "offers" page and was taken to TravelUp. An agents we have used before. I filled in all my details, Claire's details and got to "pay now", and a box popped up, "flight details changed".

Clicking on it took me back to Skyscanner and it began another search.  This time Virgin was cheapest still BUT the outward aitport was LGW but we'd arrive back at London Heathrow (LHR), some 50 miles away. Not much use with my car in the parking at LGW and an expensive transfer to negotiate.  

Instead for £4 more I can fly direct from LGW and come back to LGW with Iberia. The Spanish national carrier and a British Airways partner. So I booked that.  No problems this time.

I had to change the car from Tampa to Orlando and as the rates are higher I dropped down a few groups too.

We arrive Friday evening.  The timeshare is from Saturday so I booked a hotel with Booking.com for the Friday evening.

Not much else to do now until nearer the time.



No comments: