16 August 2016

Packed and Ready

Well. Mostly packed. Just sponge bag and the new pocket atlas* to go out and be stuffed into the Saddlemen bag.

It's a bit full as I wanted to save the panniers.

The left one contains my Kent Fire Brigade "Biker Down" first aid kit and... two bottles of English white wine from Chapel Down Vineyard (never call it a winery!) That's about 15 miles from home.  Both bottles wrapped in bubble wrap and then on a travel blanket.

The right one has my Triumph waterproof over jacket and trousers.  Plus a lock and a bag for race day.

I was going to manage without my tank bag, but I need somewhere for my passport and spectacle cases! 

Now I have to decide on what to wear. Vented jacket obviously but it looks like Hood jeans over leathers.

So. It's nearly 10.30pm and I have to be up early to be on the train to France at 8.50am.


* useless!

No comments: