10 February 2016

Somme 2016 - Oh Canada!

I sent a group request to the organisers of the Newfoundland commemoration at Beaumont- Hamel  as a backup to the ballot entries at Thiepval back in December.  Once we knew that only two of us were successful for that ballot, I asked the remaining members of the group to send a group email to the Newfoundland organisers as well.

As we hadn’t heard back, and we had covered our bases with a group booking to the Ulster Tower event, I dropped an email to Paulette in Canada. She replied last evening, office hours over there, and said that they were finalising details with the French for park and rides and security on the day.  I went straight back to ask whether we had been successful and she said that everyone had been accepted on the list….  

At the moment I have no idea if that’s just my entries or all the entries we sent in!  Wait and see I guess.

No comments: