29 March 2015

TomTom

On the glamping trip I had set the route in Tyre and uploaded it with TomTom Home to the unit. It worked perfectly.

But when it came to planning an ad-hoc route it wouldn't calculate. Choosing "plan new route" and any of the options other than "home", the unit locked solid and needed the power button held in for about 10 seconds to turn it off and then back on. Very irritating when you need to use it. Luckily, Google maps came to our rescue, albeit with a strange series alternating voices, US woman, to English woman and back at random.

I was about to log a call with them using the email address I have used before but thought that I'd try and re-install the application from TomTom Home first.  Amazingly, it worked.

I deleted the current app, 19.5mb and then re-installed the latest 25.5mb version and that seems to have fixed it.

Looking at the "manage" screen in TomTom Home is shows the installed application back at 19.5mb.

Oh well and phew.

No comments:

Most Viewed Posts