19 March 2015

Somme15 - Channel Crossing Arrangements

Cal is investigating the ferry fare through his contacts and it looks as though for the weekend P&O will be looking at abut £40 each.

As a quick comparison I had a look at P&O and Eurotunnel on the web just before sending this email (19/03/2015 11:38) -   P&O want £90 and Eurotunnel is £59 for a bike and passenger(s).  All timings to leave around 0730 on the 4th and return 1850 on the 5th July.

I guess it is up to the individual to decide which way to travel. I prefer the tunnel and with Tesco Clubcard it is essentially free with the vouchers.

If there are some ferry and some Shuttle. I will re-work the gps files and we can look for a suitable meeting place.  I had planned to make a stop on the A26 at the Aire de Rely, about 40 miles form the port for a pee/fag/coffee/other break, and this may be suitable to join up two different groups, i.e. you can't miss it!

No comments: