8 October 2014

FL15 - Car Hire - Alamo

Looking for a car for the trip. Doesn't need to be the Mustang we had last time but something that can take two cases and be kinda comfortable.

And American?

This year we went with Alamo. The 16 days of the rental was about $850.

So when I logged into my account with Alamo for the same weeks except on 15 days rental I naively thought something around that ball park.

I hadn't expected the Mustang to come out at nearer $1100! They can swivel on that. 

Why did I look for the Mustang considering paragraph one above? Only because a mundane Impala or similar was showing at over $800.

My winter project will be to watch around for a better deal. Maybe one where they give a f*ck if their car breaks down. 

AAA cover is extra. For the daily rate x 15 I can join the RAC in UK for a year at the highest level!

Logging out, clearing cookies and then trying as a new customer is maybe a single solitary dollar more!

Looks like a different search is needed..... Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Big difference in cost between next year and this year. Wait and look for internet coupons.

Paul Devall said...

I will have a look about. Amazed at the difference. Surely can't be that Fort Myers is a smaller regional airport?