28 February 2014

Revisita España 2014 - Plan B2

And so the plan keeps changing. The trip is 169 days away (as I write) but I have been refining the plan to cover for all eventualities. In fact by the time we actually go, we might well be on Plan K (sic).

The longest days in the saddle will be the run from Kent to Poole to catch the boat to Santander (and the one in the other direction!) plus the Santander to Avila ride.

From Avila, everything will be "local" almost. Once night there and then move on to Toledo.

In Avila I have a normal hotel booked, but might look about for one with parking. The current option, has street parking.

Once we decided to have the extra day leave from work, and I booked the boat back to UK, it freed up two more Spanish days and nights. I had already planned two nights to "do" Madrid. I then added a second night in Toledo although in doing so made a cock up.

I cancelled the two nights in Madrid on booking.com - the benefit of free cancellation - and then booked a second night in Toledo. When re-booking Madrid on the Hudl I didn't see that the date had reset after the Toledo booking, so I changed the day, but didn't notice the month had reverted to February. Quelle bloody dommage!

I sent the booking confirmations to Tripit and it was when checking that they had arrived on the app I saw that I was supposed to be in Madrid that night.

Sh*t!!!!

I then emailed the Hotel Mexico and also customer services at booking.com and explained the mess-up that was liable to cost me 37 euros to cancel. In the end it all worked out and I wasn't charged and I have since booked two nights again in the same hotel (private parking!) for the correct dates! 

A nice pic of the Tiger with Cristiano Ronaldo outside the Bernabeu? Okay, probably without CR7!

That leaves one night. I cast about on TripAdvisor and booking.com, googled places and eventually decided on Burgos. The former capital of Spain. 

So once again we have a free cancellation option on a hotel but might cast the net wider and look for a last night of luxury.  

Parador? Maybe if there is one nearby.

No comments: