30 November 2013

Sinterklaastreffen 2013 - Part One

Up early and off to the Port of Dover. Arriving at 0730 it was a little disappointing  to see no bikes there already.

As usual the run was advertised well in advance to the Kent Centre and to the Suzuki Owners Club in general.  And as usual - despite moans that nothing gets organised, no one has bothered to turn up.

I guess it is easier to moan that get off your arse and come along to events?

Outside Dover East

I hung about until 0745 and then made my way around to check in. A little after 0801 I was in Lane 149 waiting to board. No other bikes at all in the loading lanes.

Jean Sans-Amis/Billy No-Mates obviously!!!!

It was about 6.5C when I left home rising to a positively balmy 9C at the port.

As usual the My Ferry ship is late into its berth on the incoming trip. So not boarding at 0750 as the info boards say!

I was first on and rode the length of the ship to the bike racks in the starboard bow.

The crew guy had it tied and secured in a minute or so. This is so much better than the messing about on other routes. Such a shame this company is doomed to go bust or get taken over and these racks will be lost.

 
 

I was in the restaurant quite early and decided to pass the day with a full English.


So now only two hours to kill before landing in Calais.

Had a realised I was solo on this trip I'd have brought my Kindle!! Instead had to make do with a discarded copy of the "Sun"....

No comments: