24 October 2013

Arsenal in the Community

The plan was to meet outside the Armoury at about 4pm.

There was quite a group there already and I had that dread feeling as I was not only the oldest there but was one of the few not recruited from fairs in University Freshers Week!

The organiser, John, led us round to the Learning Centre,  that in Islington ICT we know as Arsenal Red Zone.

The first hour was taken up with John outlining the different schemes that AitC run. All of them ally learning with football.

At 58 (soon) a career in football coaching might be a tad too late.  I did it for a while. I learned that parents are terrible and even the worst player gets a game if his dad has a car for away games...

I'llbe more suites to literacy but a bit off footie as well? Why not.

We had to fill in the DBS firm so they can check with the police that we are safe to work with children. I have a brand new one at work as I visit schools all the time, but Arsenal require their own.

Once the options were done and dusted, we had an hoot going around the Stadium on the tour.

Some pix....


From the top: Me and Arsène, the Premier League Trophy, the Diamond Club bar, the £100k hydrotherapy pool, the shirts of Tomas Rosicky and Mesut Özil.

No comments: