23 May 2013

New Boots!

Finally it looks like the Oxtars have become unreliable in damp and drizzly weather.

The other day they leaked. Horror!



Wet Sock

Okay it might not look much, but it is the beginning of the end for them! They've done okay. I bought them at the back end of 1999 and they have lasted well. I can't say exactly when but it was one of the evenings that Arsenal played in the Champion's League at Wembley.

I bought them at Sondel Sport near work as on the way up my old ones had split along the sole. Sadly, the shop has closed down and is now a Waitrose supermarket now.

I just hope the next pair last for a tad over 13 1/2 years!

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

That is a nice long life for a pair of waterproof boots. Time to resign them to the patio and plant flowers in them as tribute.

But the bonus is you get new boots.