27 March 2012

Morning Coffee

I do like a coffee in the morning. Train commuting means either getting up earlier to have a cup before I leave home at 0725 or getting one two hours later in the office.

I've tried the cheaper option of a small flask but have yet to find one that doesn't leak. I have two that resemble 2.5 inch mortar shells (less fins) and both dribble on carrying them. Not great when you have things in your bag that don't need a dousing in coffee.

So I thought I'd try this as it was on offer in the supermarket.

Simply rip the lid off the thin end and press the centre of the plastic bubble. This causes the chemical reaction and the can heats up. Three minutes pop the ring at the top and hot coffee.

Taste? Not that bad. Maybe a little on the sweet side but strong enough to wake me up!

Would I buy it again. Mmmmm. Probably to carry as an alternative to coffee shop and/or nothing on a bike trip. I might get a can to put in the top box on my next longish run.

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Interesting. I've never seen anything like it before. I can see how it would be good for a top case.

I bought two Starbucks 16 oz thermos type containers. The reason for buying them is I can shake them with hot coffee in them and they don't leak. Perfect for on the go, but they don't stay hot as long as I'd like.

What you bought would take care of that issue.

InvictaMoto said...

I haven't seen drinks before but I have seen meals with the same sort of heating system. These seemed to be for the real hard core climbers.