11 February 2008

First Ride!

It's taken this long, but today I had the first ride on the GS since the turn of the year. Hurrah!

A combination of having nowhere to go, a gammy left knee and other committments at weekends have meant my riding has been nil until today.

Of course, when I tried to start it last week, the battery made that machine gun clatter on the starter motor.

So I got the battery out of the Kettle and kept that topped up all week and today jumped it from there and it started. A bit wheezy, but it ran and I went out and popped in a fiver of unleaded and then had a ride round the district for an hour or so.

One small problem is that when pushing the choke back to the off position it pushes the cable guide out of the bottom of the left handlebar cluster, pushing it back seems to work. Make a note of that for the next service.

I had a ride along Burmarsh Road across the marsh and then round to Aldington, down past the church under the raileay and then the motorway onto the A20, down through Sellinge and back to Hythe, round the town centre, then back up London Road and across to the top of Lympne Hill and then through West Hythe to home.

I saw a few "byway" signs and assume these are roads I can use on the bike?

No comments: