9 August 2024

Awaycation Summer 2025

I am still planning the Awaycation to France and Spain for this Autumn! So this is just an idea at the moment!

As I was toying with the online route planner for the TomTom GO Camper Max aka Max (https://plan.tomtom.com/) for this trip, I picked up a GPX file I have of the Romantic Road in Germany.

I found the GPX file online before we went to the Czech Invader Rally in 2022 and used part of it for the return journey on the bikes. Only part of it though.

The online planner will also import GPX files as well as plan your own route from scratch. I did a bit of bodging using the map from Wikipedia to check that the GPX covered all bases. It didn't and I have to add a few.

Link to Wiki map

To set a start point I had to reverse the route in MyRouteApp and create a new view of the Romantic Route from north to south. Starting in Wurzburg and ending in Fussen - excuse the lack of accented letters, this keyboard doesn't do them! The start point is Calais.



No comments: