8 August 2024

Arsenal vs Bayer Leverkusen - Friendly

A bit of hassle getting the tickets as the attachment they sent in the email to Helen didn't work. She had them re-send to me and of course, it didn't work.

I couldn't change the time of my train and so she arrived a little early and was able to get paper tickets from the box office. I haven't had to use paper for a home game since the last game at the old Arsenal Stadium in 2006.

Arsenal were 2-0 up in 1o m inutes, then we had to wait 30 more for a third.  The fourth coming soon after the break. That really did herald both sides making wholesale changes and Leverkusen got a consolation in 76 minutes.

The 1-0 photo seems to have disappeared from my phone.  The 3-0 was taken close up but for some reason it wasn't saved!




On the way home I stopped for a diet lemonade and I had one of the reusable cups to drink it from!

LONDON IS RED!

The season starts in earnest on August 17th at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers. I shall be there!

No comments: