5 June 2024

MyRouteApp Navigation - How Long?

After the holiday where I used the Ohrex as we had so many teething problems with getting the Navigation to speak to me on my phone, I decided to give it another go.

I had briefly looked at replacing my phone and the MyRouteApp app with an android tablet.  There are many from Lenovo and other makers but their help desks are totally shite.

All I wanted to know was could the ones I had seen, and noted the model numbers, support a GPS app. I am sure that if Google Maps works and can offer directions then other apps should?  

Correct me if I am wrong. Please!

Anyway, I have decided to give it another go at the weekend. We are supposed to go to the Midlands to one of my wife Claire's cousin's special birthday.  It's about 180 miles or so.

We are booked in a campsite nearby as we will be in Molly the Moho. 


What?

This journey is about 90% motorway/highway. How can it take 7h 38m! Even in the Moho where we travel at a lower pace than if we were in the car, or I was on the bike, but that long.

I think it works out at around 24 mph average!!!!

Changing the vehicle type to car or motorcycle halves the time!

I logged a call to see what they could advise.

No comments: