9 June 2024

Motorcycle Insurance!

My renewal arrived from Carole Nash in email form. I opened it on the laptop to read the precise of what I would have to pay.

Despite not having any claims in the past 12 months the risk seems to have gone up so much that they wanted £75 or around 35% more this year to cover both the bikes. This is with 46 years experience and no climes on a motorcycle for around 40 years from my insurers. One claim against a third-party that ran us up the back in 2001 that was settled in my favour as they were 100% responsible!

So I immediately emailed to say DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY RENEW this policy.

Then began the dance to check different insurance companies.

You can only use the No Claims Bonus with one company at a time.

I had separate quotes from different companies around the £110 mark for the V-Strom and £90 for the Kettle. I used the NCB for Vera and no NCB for Suzi.

The saving this year is over £100. Time will tell of course if this has been the best idea.


No comments: