9 June 2024

Assen MotoGP 2024

It's a little under three weeks until we set off on the early morning Le Shuttle to France for the roundabout ride to Assen for the MotoGP.



When I have been before it's been for the long weekend with racing formerly on Saturday. But tradition has bitten the dust and the main race day is Sunday.  This is possibly down the the newer format copying World Superbikes and British Superbikes by having a premier class "Sprint" race on the Saturday.

My trip is ending on the Monday when I ride back to Calais and come home on Irish Ferries. Both Phil and Neill will continue the trip to take in more Dambusters sites and then the German MotoGP the week after. I was never going to do this as there is a trip to Yorkshire the same weekend as the German MotoGP in the motorhome - "Grimm Up North".

I need to be able to get out on the bike before then though!  I gave Vera as wash last week with the MukJunkie stuff that was bought to clean Molly the Motorhome.  It looks to have done a really good job.  

But a trip that will be easily around 750 miles in total I need to get out and ride. It seems months since I was last out and about. I don't want to be so rusty that it will be dangerous for me!

I have updated the TomTom maps on my 410 and so that's ready to go. I need to check that there have been no changes to the routes Neill has planned and that I have already downloaded to the 410.  As long as there are no changes to the overnight stops, then it should all be hunky dory.

As the trips are created by Neill in MyRouteApp I might also see if the Navigation works.  It ought to but I need to see how it connects to my helmet.

More to follow.

No comments: