7 December 2021

My WFH "Office"

Home "office"

With the increasing number of Covid cases in the UK and indeed, around the world, I am still working from home every day. It's not helped by the new strain from South Africa catchily called "omicron". Sounds more like a villain from an alien planet.  China?

The plan to return to a semblance of "normal" and go to an office to work for two days a week has been shelved for now.  It means that I am getting up and logging into the computer around 0745 every day and sitting on that nice dining chair for the most part of the day.

Still as the countdown on the right shows I am getting ever near to retirement age. In fact the count down is my 66th birthday! 

In reality as I am on a term-time only contract my last day of work is actually Friday 17th December 2021. 

I still have to return my work laptop to the office or at least to my line manager.  This looks to be the 15th when I am in London for a football game in the evening. I'll have to see the week out with my personal (and ancient) Dell laptop.

I am off this Friday to use up the glut of hours I am in credit on the flexi-time system. One of the things about WFH is that I login and start work about the same time as I would be standing on a platform waiting for my commuter train into the city. I finish earlier but still do a full day online and on occasions more than a full day!

New beginnings are on the horizon.

No comments: