12 January 2021

T and GT Club Nederland 21st Anniversary Rally

So here we are into January 2021. 

The rally is just under six months away and we are currently into another Covid-19 lockdown. 

On top of that the UK left the European Union at 11pm UK time on December 31st. So trips to Europe will be different from now on.

Even though I voted to stay in the EU back in 2016, a majority voted to leave. And so finally we have. 

All this bollocks hasn't stopped me planning this trip. 

As a Father Christmas present to myself I bought a Beeline Moto navigator.

I wanted something a little less obstrusive on the Kettle bars to get me around the country and to wherever I want to go. I have the TomTom for the Rocket and the car.

The route to the hotel by the rally site is easy to plan on the Beeline app. 

My start point is of course the exit lane at Eurotunnel Coquelles.

The app can also import GPX routes created in MyRouteApp. Although planning is easy enough and importing is easy, it looks as though Beeline ignores waypoints.

Once we can get out from lockdown I want to test the Beeline. More of that on the linked site above. 

So far I have this as a route:



Once the GT comes back I can get out and find out what sort of mileage I get to a tank. With a new engine it will be a case of running in.

Of course. The whole thing could be off if covid continues to increase and whether "our friends", as BoJo keeps calling the EU, don't keep taking the piss over travel.

No comments: