3 November 2019

Boots and Gloves

Since I started riding I have been on a budget. Not a tight one but not one that allows big purchases. 

The most extravagant purchases would be either the Shoei Eddie Lawson replica or the truly crap Schuberth C2. Both stretched my budget at the time. At least the Eddie rep was a decent helmet.

But never liking the cold or wet I have always liked to have waterproof boots and gloves.  

Goretex and the other breathable and water resistant materials have been a god send for bikers. 

My old Oxtar boots reached 20yo last month. They have given good service and once I has a tiny spot getting in, but the more I look at it, maybe that was sweaty toe syndrome.

Back in 2013 I bought a new pair of TCX Explorer boots. They are Goretex lined. If you follow the link you can see the original pair needed replacing and the new ones ended up in the wardrobe.


They will have to move up to pole position as the Oxtars, after gorilla gluing the gear change patches back on, are finally for the dump. Just over 20 years of service. 

As for gloves. I have been less successful with waterproofness. 

I tend to fallback on the Belstaff Hypora gloves I have had for many years. I wore them for the first time in years a few weeks ago when I took the Rocket to Ashford for service. 


I also have a pair of Dainese gloves.  These were reported on in another blog post. Yet to be tested in rain. 


Let's see what this winter brings? 



No comments: