16 July 2013

300D

After almost three years since I bought it on eBay my Canon 300D has died.

It went wrong on holiday in Norway. Sadly although taken to a professional repair shop, they are unable to fix it as parts are no longer available.

Bugger.

I'll have a look on eBay. Oddly, the cameras that are there for spares or repair all have the same problem. it seems that little spring that lifts the mirror is made of unobtanium.

I don't really want to buy a new one just yet, but will keep my eyes open for any deals.  The problem on eBay is the prices are climbing up and up for what is an obsolete camera! 

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

Ahhh technology. It last so long then isn't fixable anymore.

I once saw an article that said into all electronics a timer or glitch is built so that it suddenly gives out one day for no reason so the consumer needs to buy new equipment. Was particularly prevalent in computer printers. I wonder about cameras.

Good luck finding one on eBay.